Friday, April 3, 2009

The Creek

I am falling in love with Indian Creek. This place is amazing. The people are amazing. The climbing is amazing. Our little posse has grown from four people to almost ten. We climb together everyday and then come back to camp and make dinner, sit around a fire and drink together. It is pretty much perfect. I don't have a ton of pictures from the last three days and the ones I do have don't do this place justice. Here's the few that I do have.

Eric about to tackle an overhanging fist crack
Me struggling up an offwidth
Eric leading Warmup Handcrack (5.10+) with Eric #2 filming. I led this earlier in the day and it was really really good.
Miles following Dos Hermonos (5.11+). I led this one and it is my new favorite climb. It goes from fingers to loose fingers to perfect hands to wide hands over the roof. I have the crux figured out and have done the roof clean twice now. Next time we go to this area I think that I'll be able to lead it without falling.
Alex going for it on Drain Pipe (5.10)
Eric leading Chocolate Corner
Petroglyphs near Indian Creek
The view from the Reservoir Wall


That's it for now. More to come in a few days. If you want to see some more pictures, all of which are better than mine, check out Miles' Website http://milesmckeephotography.smugmug.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi guys,

    Wow, what a trip and it's only been just shy of 3 weeks! Mama Shake and I just love checking out all the pics and we both like the way Miles starts each segment of "The Trip" gallery with a video. Nicely done! The pics are amazing.

    Trev, thanks for the call on my Bday. Mom made my favorite dinner, mac and cheese and cornbread!

    Have fun, climb hard, enjoy the moment, and before you all know it, you'll be complaining about how hot it is!

    Papa Steez and Mama Shake

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH, sounds like you guys are getting the goods in the creek. I hope you guys make it out to Zion before it gets too hot.

    ReplyDelete