Saturday, November 6, 2010

W. Face of Colchuck Balanced rock

 This summer I climbed the West Face of Colchuck Balanced rock with Don in 18hrs car to car. I think it has the best rock climb I've ever done in the mountains. There is already a ton of beta out there on this climb so I'll keep the report short and let the pictures do the talking. 
 

Goats down at the bivy
The first pitch


Looking up the beautiful 11a corner.
Looking down the money corner pitch. I was just able to onsight this beautiful pitch
.



Looking up the "crux" pitch. 5.10 to a 11+ roof exit.
Looking up the final chimney pitch. I was able to onsight this bad boy, which came as quite a surprise after all of the trip reports that I'd read before hand. It was hard, but no harder than the rest of the climb. Please don't avoid this climb because of this pitch. It is actually really fun and has good gear.



No comments:

Post a Comment